Dear Fort William Henry Guests,
The FWH is here to serve you, to provide comfortable accommodations during this period of uncertainty and doing all we can to ensure the health and safety of our guests and employees, at all times.
We are closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and are acting based on guidance from the New York State, Federal Government, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. To ensure we maintain a safe environment, and address our guests concerns, we are taking additional measures including:
- Enhanced Cleaning Protocols. We have enhanced techniques used to clean guest rooms, restaurants, and retail shops. We are paying close attention to high touch point areas including key cards, counters, restaurant tables and seating, public area computers, elevator doors and buttons, door handles, light switches, tv remotes, telephones and more.
- Additional antibacterial products. We have heightened sanitizing attention to all areas, including common areas, with equipment utilizing UV-C technology and hospital grade disinfectants, virucides, bactericides, and germicidal cleaning products, as well as hand sanitizers, and disinfectant wipes. UV-C safety protocols will be strictly enforced. We will avoid heavy chemical use as we understand some patrons may have allergy concerns.
- We have established a new Disinfection department. We have reallocated employee resources to new responsibilities. Their only job will be disinfecting. Guest Rooms, restaurants, public spaces, and high touch areas will be addressed on a heightened frequency schedule.
In addition, we are taking steps to ensure the welfare of our associates, including.
- If they or a family member is not feeling well, we ask that they stay home to avoid passing it to others
- Keep their hands clean and wash their hands properly.
- Regularly cleaning and wiping down their workspace
- Lastly if they have flu like symptoms, they should seek immediate medical care
Your health and wellbeing are important to us and we appreciate the trust that you place in us when you choose to stay at the Fort William Henry Hotel. We are all in this together and will ask you to do your part and abide by the safety protocol NY Sate, the Federal Government, and the Fort William Henry has established.
Fort William Henry -President